- Price: £18.45
- Whitening Type: Peroxide Whitening Gel
- Rating: 8/10
- Where to buy? Buy online »
Opalescence Teeth Whitening Gel uses 20% Carbamide Peroxide to whiten teeth that have become stained or discolored.
This common problem can be caused by drinking coffee, red wine or even certain medications. It’s now easy to whiten teeth at home with kits and Opalescence is one of the latest available in the UK but how does it compare to others?
How to use Opalescence Teeth Whitening Gel
Opalescence Teeth Whitening Gel is designed to be used after a professional dentist consultation who will mould a tray to fit the shape of your teeth. Alternatively there are many quality teeth whitening trays available online which can be shaped at home.
- Apply a thin layer of whitening gel to the mouth tray, you should use about 1/2 of a syringe
- Insert the mouth tray and press lightly on to the teeth making sure not to press the gel on to gums
- The mouth tray should stay in place for around 2-4 hours for the whitening to take effect
- Once complete, rinse and brush lightly with a soft toothbrush
Is Opalescence Whitening Gel Safe?
The ingredients used in the home whitening gel are much the same as those used by dentists but caution should be taken to avoid getting the gel on to gums and lips as it can cause discomfort. As with many peroxide based whitening products some people experience teeth sensitivity after bleaching but this is normally temporary.
Like many toothpastes the gel also contains Potassium Fluoride (PF) to improve oral health by strengthening enamel.
Opalescence Review Verdict
This pack contains 4 syringes of 20% Carbamide Peroxide whitening gel which should be enough for 8 treatments. For the money this makes it more expensive than products with similar ingredients like Dr Georges Dental White which also uses a Peroxide gel but each bottle contains enough for around 200 treatments.
If you want to buy Opalescence, don’t forget to buy bleaching trays too!
Opalescence also produce a stronger 35% Carbamide Peroxide gel and although this will probably whiten teeth quicker it should be used with greater caution since it can cause burns and damage to gums or even tooth enamel.
Reccomended for Teeth Whitening at Home
With results guaranteed and a proven record of success, the Dr Georges Dental White Kit is based on a formulation of carbamine peroxide, making it one of the best selling teeth whitening kits available.
With prices starting from £24.99, it's our #1 kit for teeth whitening at home.
- Visible whitening only after one treatment
- Only need to use for 30 minutes per day
- Satisfaction guaranteed - Full refund
- Worldwide shipping from Smile4You